Thursday, August 21, 2008

Being Zen

Okay, today I will not stress about the fact that the guy who was supposed to come on Tuesday afternoon to put up the tracking lighting in the basement is not here today, Thursday, his rescheduled day.

History: He said he'd be here last Tuesday, the 12th, in the evening to look at what needed to be done - hang a ceiling fan, fix some outlets, hang the track lighting. No show. He called Thursday to ask if he could come by on the weekend. Okay, we agreed he'd come over Sunday afternoon. I went to Home Depot Saturday, bought the fan and track lighting to be installed. He came over Sunday and got the fan up - good. Spent a couple hours investigating why the outlets in the den don't work - good. He was going to need more time to fix the outlets and install the track lighting, but the SO and I needed to go out, so we agreed he'd come over this Tuesday. No show on Tuesday. He left a phone message Wednesday afternoon - on the home phone where I wouldn't get it until I got home and so couldn't ask pointed questions - saying Wednesday or Thursday night. One of those is past and one is drawing to a close.

On the plus side, I have not paid him yet, although I offered to pay for his time to date and materials last Sunday. He's married to my cleaning lady, so it's not like I couldn't find him if I needed to, but I am just not willing to try to track him down.

I just made this quantum leap (in the sense I learned of quantums, which is they can be anywhere and can get from a moon of Jupiter to me without having to traverse the distance in between): should I be using this blog which can theoretically be seen by anyone to air my personal grievances or should I be keeping it to myself via a personal journal? I'm going with "yes" to the first part since I'd actually like a comment if you read this and cared to answer.

Got to go be mom.

~N.

No comments: