Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Really? Really?

Did I really say every day? Did I really try to commit to writing EVERY DAY? You know whose fault this is? It's Gretchen Rubin over at The Happiness Project.

This the link that suckered me in: http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2010/12/video-do-something-every-day.html

I was going through my email yesterday and got drawn into her web of positive self-talk and reasonable self-improvement and somehow got the idea to re-commit to some personal behaviors that I want to improve. And I saw it early in the evening when I'd had a sensible dinner and only a little tv and I was back upstairs at a reasonable hour with some time to kill and was not falling asleep at my desk. (Please note that this is the opposite of tonight's scenario.)

Not to worry, I don't think it will last. I had a shelf full of diaries with one to ten entries. (Can you use reverse psychology on yourself?)

Thanks to EY for posting on my Facebook tonight and keeping me awake long enough to remember this goal.

~N.

Writing - done
Reading - will be done before bed, new Margaret Atwood short stories
De-committing - not done, but I might have a plan
Re-healthing - ate carrots two days in a row, and apple with lunch yesterday

No comments: