Saturday, December 25, 2010

Savannah holiday, day 2

I came down to the business office so I could use their computer to type, which is of course significantly faster and less annoying than trying to type on the droid phone. Once I got here, of course, I had to go check Facebook, check my mail, check FB again, play Las Vegas slots, check the status updates of friends whose updates don't show up in my usual feed because they often annoy me, go play a game of Xenocrate 2 (which is much trickier with an unfamiliar mouse) and FINALLY get over here to write. It might be for the best though, because I really, really did not want to write anything even 45 minutes ago but now I have an idea I want to record before I lose it.

It occurs to me that our personalities are a compilation of our inherited traits from our parents and the outside forces we're under - family life, friends, the people we spend time with in the various places we live, etc. This comes to mind because I have a pair of people in my life who remind me almost exactly of each other, even though they live nowhere near each other, are not biologically related, and have met maybe twice. Their Venn diagrams of family members do overlap, though, so I think some of what be happening is that both of them may be the products of living in the same place (give or take 5 miles) for their whole lives. And I think that I would have been them, except for the fortune of getting to move around so much in my youth. I love to speculate on "what if," it's my favorite story starting point. I don't know if I'll do anything with this idea, but I wanted to record it in case I forget.

Snow/freezing rain in Atlanta today, sunny and 56 in Savannah. This was definitely the better place to be this weekend. SO and I are off to fancy dinner this evening, then chilling in the hotel room and back home tomorrow in time for puck drop.

~N.

Writing - see above
Reading - got the book with me, going into the lobby for a while
De-committing - agreed to talk to someone Sunday to transition out of his stuff
Re-healthing - tilapia, rice, broccoli for lunch.

No comments: