Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 2 of It's a New Day

The second day of flute practice is less fun than day one. The newness is gone and it's down to practicing scales that I can tell are really rusty. I can still read the notes (I don't think that skill goes away) but I cannot for the life of me remember if I ever knew how to hit the upper octave D, E, F and G. I can't even remember how to finger the high G and I didn't feel like looking it up. I just went back to doing the lower scales. I did have a little coup when I sounded out the A flat scale (yes, the geekiness is just rolling off me in waves, I know.)

In other news, it is still unbearably hot. I really just do NOT remember it being this hot for this long last year. I know I spent most of last June inside with the A/C on, waiting for job offers to appear, but I don't remember it being so hot for so long. This is just miserable. It's so bad that I am making an effort to pack my lunch so I don't have to leave the building in the middle of the day. Not that my office is great, either, but at least I have the little reciprocating fan that Scott bought me. Plus, the door locks and I can pretend I'm not in there.

Word goal met. Must now go read a printed book for 15 minutes, then bed.

~N.

No comments: